Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

day 5: i just love ya!

today, i get to share my love and devotion for one of my blogger friends! 

meet megan from it's about the journey. 

photo courtesy of it's about the journey
megan and i went to high school together. she is passionate about travel (she lived in iraq!), reading, and anything country. she's also hilarious! need proof? read about her chicken problems. yes. you read that correctly...chicken problems. lol. i also have a confession to make about ms. megan. i began reading her blog and immediately got stuck on it--big time. (this was before my blogging days.) well, one day came along and ms. thang decided she was going to take a break from blogging. one day went by, then two, then three. as more and more time went by, i found myself getting more and more angry at her. where's my daily dose of hometown farming and crafting and cooking?! i admit i began to curse her from behind my computer screen.

fast forward a couple of weeks where i ran into megan at our friend, piper's bridal shower. i worked up the courage to confront her about why the crap she felt it was necessary to continually string me along with her blog. (i am not a psycho, i swear.) i mean, you can't just write about all this cool crafty stuff, and then just stop. not cool, megan, not cool. we had a really good laugh about how i stalked her blog and cursed her from behind my computer. she even devoted a post to me! 

truth be told, megan was actually one of the things that inspired me to start blogging. she said something at that shower that stuck with me. it went along the lines of how she didn't really do any type of social media like facebook or twitter, but that she did take time to blog because it was like an online scrapbook that she could always look back on. that's when i realized that i wanted to start a blog of my own. i wanted something that i can look back on and see how blessed my life has been. won't it be nice to be able to show my future children that there was actually a time when their parents were young, fun, and free? i think so. :) 

you should definitely stop by megan's blog and get to know her. she's just great!

1 comment:

  1. Awe Thanks Rae! Your so nice..I'm glad I could be an big or small inspiration in you starting your blog. I love keeping up with you through this outlet

    ReplyDelete