Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 1: About me in 250-ish words or fewer :)

december 4, 1987
i was born december 4, 1987 in houston, tx. my parents divorced just 6 months later. mom remarried and i got a new brother and sister. at 7 years old, we moved to mt.vernon, tx, though i still split my time between there and houston. mt.vernon is where i met michael, my high school sweetheart. i seemed to always feel like a city girl stuck in a small town, so in 2006, mike and i called it quits, i graduated high school and moved to lubbock, tx, for college (wreck 'em tech!). i was super active in my sorority, chi omega, studied abroad, and interned for texas tech athletic media relations during the mike leach era. in 2007, we found out my dad had stage 4 cancer. 5 months after my college graduation in december 2009, my sweet dad passed away, and shortly thereafter, i moved to conroe, tx. april 2011 rolls around and i've got a wedding to attend. as fate would have it, michael was also in mt. vernon the same weekend. we've been together ever since. in august 2011, i quit my job and hauled ass to dallas. i started a new job as an event planner, and michael quickly moved in with me. he proposed on april 29, 2012 and we were married on march 16, 2013. life has been unexpected, but it's also been so good. we have a tiny apartment (that's never clean), a precious puppy, and overall, a pretty sweet life.

248 words! suck on that!! lol. see you tomorrow lovelies!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel, I found your blog through the Blog Every Day in May linkup post!!

    Wow, you packed a lot into a little bit of words, but I really enjoyed it! Sorry about your dad and congrats on your recent wedding!


    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erika!! Looking forward to reading your blog each day in may! Fingers crossed I can keep up with it each day! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on ur wedding. And condolences on the loss of ur dad. Know what its like. Found you thru the blog link up. Hope i can stop by again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! looking forward to having you by! :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I didn't know you studied abroad..so fun! Also how you do you reply to people's comments on your blog? I've been trying to figure that out for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was so fun! when i look at my comments, there a little button below each comment that says "reply" so i just click it and BAM! reply-done! PS-i'm loving this whole blog-every-day-in-may challenge because i know i won't get mad at anyone for not blogging. lol.

      Delete