Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

day 24: my worst traits

i know, i know, i know. i have sucked at blogging this week. we've had a lot going on--mikey's birthday, work, etc. just life in general. i'll do a catch-up post, i promise. :) for today, though, i get to tell you my three worst traits. this is actually really easy for me to admit...

1. i am stubborn. sooooooo stubborn! when i feel that i've been wronged, i expect an apology. no exceptions. you hurt me? guess what. you're now dead to me. it's really something i need to work on. remember the wise words my granny spoke to me about forgiveness and moving on, and not living in the past? yeah...it's a little easier said than done for me most of the time. i will say, though, that once i feel like appropriate amends have been made, i'm fine.

2. i am a control freak. i want things done a certain way. i want people to see my point of view (and more often than not, agree with me). i want things to go my way. at work, i want to be everywhere and do everything. sometimes i have issues delegating.

3. i'm a processer. when anything happens to me (or someone close to me), i have to talk it out...a lot. i call it processing. this isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it's how i deal with stuff, but it can cause me to be redundant and slightly annoying, i'm sure. i have to talk about every aspect of the situation; how i felt, how any other party felt, what was said, what was in the underlying body language, etc., etc., etc. i'm sure other people thing i'm just plain exhausting.

i could easily make this list 10 items long, but according to the challenge, i get to catch a break and stop at three. :) happy friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment