Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

day 29: music that will change your life

Day 29, Wednesday: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Use Grooveshark or YouTube to include them in the post

"music expresses that which can not be explained and can not remain silent." -victor hugo

1. dig by incubus

if i turn into another
dig me up from under what is covering
the better part of me
sing this song
remind me that we'll always have each other
when everything else is gone.

to me, one of the most beautiful things in life is to find someone who loves you despite your psychotic nonsense flaws. that's what love is. the ability to appreciate differences, flaws, and imperfections. knowing that michael loves me even when i've become the no-make-up-face-neurotic-emotional-monster, and knowing that it doesn't scare him off, makes me appreciate him and love him even more.

2. inaudible melodies by jack johnson

slow down, everyone,
you're moving too fast.

this was, not only, one of my dad's favorite songs and always will remind me of him, but it also just reminds me to relaaaaaaaax. as an event planner, i'm constantly looking to the future...the next week, the next event, the next deadline. sometimes you just have to chill. 

3. hey ya! by outkast


shake it like a polaroid picture

this song makes me think of back when i was in high school. it also just makes me happy and want to dance. let's be serious...sometimes you just need to shake it!

4. amarillo by morning by george strait


i ain't got a dime, but what i got is mine.
i ain't rich, but lord, i'm free.
amarillo by morning, amarillo's where i'll be.

this song makes me think of my granny and papa. they used to go out dancing all the time...they even taught me and my cousin, justin, how to waltz when i was probably no more than 9 years old. such a sweet memory. and you gotta love george!

5. shake it out by florence + the machine


i am done with my graceless heart
so tonight, i'm gonna cut it out and then restart.
cause i like to keep my issues drawn 
it's always darkest before the dawn...
...and it's hard to dance with the devil on your back
so shake him off.

this song reminds me to keep myself in a good mood. it's so easy to be grouchy/bitchy/negative...at least for me. i just love the picture this song paints for me. someone trying to dance around and be joyful, but they can't because the devil is weight down on their shoulders. i loooove this song, especially on days where my mood needs a bit of an adjustment! it also takes me back to the best. concert. ever. i love you florence!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this Rachel, and I will miss your daily blogs. Love you, Mimi

    ReplyDelete