Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

father's day

first off, happy father's day to all the dads out there! 


i hope that everyone has taken time today to tell the special man in their life (it may or may not be their biological father), how much they love, appreciate, and care about them. since i lost my dad two years ago (in may), father's day is one of those things that i really miss. i also think that sometimes i took it for granted...you know, those pesky teenage years when you think you're too 'cool' to do stuff with your parents. we had a tradition when i was growing up to take 'father-daughter' photos each year on father's day, and many of my father's day memories with my dad involve trips to astroworld, galveston, ice cream at vienna coffee, long talks, concerts, and just visiting. we'd talk about everything--my dreams, plans for the future, school, boys, religion, politics, history, science, technology...everything. what i wouldn't give to be able to just hang out with my dad this father's day. 


i do need to add a disclaimer here. i have another dad in my life that has had (and continues to have) such a wonderful impact on my life, and i love him dearly. my stepdad, tray, who's been in my life for the past 5 years is absolutely wonderful. he and i have a great relationship and he's one of the most trustworthy, smart, and hard-working people i know. if you looked up 'provider' in the dictionary, there's sure to be a picture of tray right next to it (as well as dedicated and selfless). i can always count on tray to go fishing, cook out, spend hours looking at movies to buy, watch really good movies, and give great, unbiased advice. 


it obviously sucks that my dad can't be around, but man, do i have a great 'stand-in.' here's some of my favorite pictures of me and my dad. 



december 4, 1987
hangin' out at dad's house...rockin' the bunny slippers
and mickey mouse sunglasses.

seriously? lol. he always just let me do my thing. 

one of our many photo booth sessions.
another photo booth. love it!


paintin' my toesies!

senior night- 2005



foot ball game-2005

parent's weekend at texas tech-2006

one of our many trips to galveston. i think this was back
in 2010 (the date on the photo is wrong).
 
at my cousin's wedding in california.

my college graduation from texas tech- december 2009.





3 comments:

  1. A great man.. He will never be forgotten!:) love you Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought about you more than once today....love you

    ReplyDelete