Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

our first-born son

well, in introducing myself, i suppose it's only appropriate to introduce everyone in my household. meet mine and michael's baby, benny. 

(me and benny boy the day we got him...
don't mind that full face of mine...
it was almost 25 pounds ago)


shortly after michael and i moved in together, i mentioned that i wanted a dog. because michael is a server at a local restaurant, he and i are on opposite schedules 99% of the time. i do the 8:30ish to 5, and he generally works at night time. by the time i get off of work and come home, he's already left for work and doesn't get back until i'm already asleep. (sadly, sometimes this is as early as 10 pm...oh, single days of staying up super late and not having it phase me, where have you gone??) 


i started getting kind of lonely at night while michael was gone at work and began pestering him about getting a dog. the initial conversation went a little something like this...


me: babe, i really want a dog.
mike: i don't think so, we're not really home enough.
me: okay, well i really want one.
mike: i really don't think it's a good idea. 
me:  well, i really want one.
mike: i don't know...
me: well, i'm lonely so it's either a dog or a baby and we both know what the right answer is.


we talked about adopting a dog to try and save some cash but never found one that really "spoke" to us. But that's when the stars aligned (gag, i know.), and through a friend of michael's through work, we adopted gizmo benny. (the name "gizmo" was immediately gotten rid of. ick!) 


luckily for us, he was 2 when we got him, and he was already potty trained (thank god!). he's super laid back, loves to snuggle, and has the shiniest. hair. ever.


now, along with being a cynic-turned-romantic(ish), i'm also totally obsessed with benny-boy. it's kind of ridiculous. but seriously...take a look below...who COULDN'T fall in love with him?! 

(our first family photo.)


(waving hello.)
(helping me drive.)
(bed-head benny.
this is one of my favorites!)
okay, now i'm getting a little out of control. you get the picture...he's precious. try to control your jealousy. 

2 comments:

  1. Benny is too cute! Brad and I had the same conversation shortly after we were married. Except instead of working oppisite schedules I am home all summer by myself. Me, alone with idle hands lends to lots of online shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, girl! yeah, michael and i could have easily had the shopping conversation, too. girls will be girls... :)

      Delete