Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

how pinteresting!

yes, that's a corny dog, and yes, i'm 24.

so as i sit and enjoy my dinner corny dog, i'm catching up on some pinterest. everyone who's anyone knows that pinterest is the go-to site for, well, anything. i, myself, have been trying to narrow the scope of how i want to decorate for the wedding (302 days and counting). in doing so, i've realized that i really want our wedding to look, feel, and be like me and mike...simple, casual and fun. therefore, i've decided on a spring-y, rustic theme...wildflowers, nature-influence, candles, etc. more importantly, i want our friends and family to walk away thinking, "that was so much fun!" here's some things that i'm particularly drawn to right now...oh! and you can follow my pinterest here


we won't have table numbers, but my goodness
i LOVE those old books! perhaps covered in newspaper?
how wonderful are these??
outdoors-y, and sooooo romantic!
love these grey dresses! casual
and so fun! i wonder if they (or
something like them) come in navy?
my dream flowers! still haven't
decided how i feel about mason
jars. yes, they're adorable and
definitely rustic, but a tad-bit
overdone, wouldn't you say?
love this crudely mad crate!
i obviously am obsessed with centerpieces right now. haha. literally 80% of my attention automatically goes to centerpieces/flowers. is that normal?? 

i bought the newest john mayer album this morning. i've only listened to a couple of tracks, but so far, i'm liking what i hear! hahaha. i seriously just laughed out loud at myself because i'm SUCH a record exec. wannabe..."album?"..."track?"...who talks like that (mainly "track" is what gets me). 

anyway, it's definitely a different sound...more mumford-and-sons-ish. once i listen to the whole thing and form a real opinion (i'm sure that will be tough), i will post a review. in the meantime, let's enjoy one of my personal favorites...


oh, god bless you, john! happy weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I SOOOOOOO wish pinterest would have been around when I was wedding planning!! Love your stuff so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rachel instead of mason jars you should go thrifting with me and we can find old vases. its so much cuter when none of the vases match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I need to get married again. that centerpiece! I die. and the grey dresses. ok, everything. I need it all. you have some great taste lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! we'll see how it all comes out, but i think i've definitely got a good starting place and inspiration! thanks for reading!

      Delete