Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

b.t.c.

you guys...i feel the need...the need for speed to read!


that ridiculous play on a top gun quote is just my way of saying that i'm excited to announce i'm officially part of a book club! "between the covers" or b.t.c. is the name of the book club that i, along with several of my friends i've met through work, have created. 


one day at work, i overheard my friends, monica and erica, discussing how they wanted to read more. i quickly chimed in: "oh my gosh, me too!" obviously, the most logical answer to satisfy our "need to read" was to start a book club of our own. here's the rules...


1. we'll read one book per month, starting june 1.
2. each month has a theme:
       june- books made into movies
       july- biography/memoir
       august- hot and raunchy
       september- durgs/alcohol/addiction
       october- mystery
       november- a classic
       december- a choice from the best sellers from 2012
       january- comedy
       february- love
       march- oprah's book club choice
       april- fashion-esque
       may- still undecided, so tbd
3. we have a group on Facebook where all of the members can submit their choice for the       month and we all get to vote.
4. majority rules!


anyway, for those of you who don't know, i'm a chronic non-book-finisher, so i'm really hoping b.t.c. motivates me to continue reading and finish the books i start! so, what is june's read, you ask??



i'm so excited to read "girl, interrupted" by susanna kaysen. i've seen the movie several times, and absolutely love it! barnes & noble is calling my name...time to go make my purchase and dig in to my new read!

3 comments:

  1. 1st- I love your blog and your's is WAY better than mine. LOL
    2nd- I've been trying to get Rachael Aikin and some of my friends to do a book club and they are always too busy and we just never follow through with the plan to do it. I want in even though I don't live there and I'm not a fb user can I join? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. you are too funny. hey, look at it like this, i love your blog so much, i used it as inspiration to start my own, really badass, blog. i'd totally take credit if i were you.
      2. absolutely!! lol we can just have our own little b.t.c. side book club. i love it! ps. i already bought GI and looooooove it. i cheated a little and started early. woopsie!

      Delete
  2. i am part of a book club that never reads haha we end up just doing happy hour and not even mentioning the book ;)

    ReplyDelete